Advent Calendar Internal Competition Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all internal promotions run within Carlsberg UK and Carlsberg UK Limited is the Promoter of such promotions, unless otherwise stated. These terms and conditions were last reviewed and updated in February 2018. Please contact either a member of the Carlsberg UK Internal Communications Team (Comms) or Legal Team if you have any queries in relation to a promotion or these terms and conditions.
Are you eligible?
- Unless otherwise stated, all promotions run internally for the benefit of Carlsberg UK (each a Promotion) are only open to employees of Carlsberg UK Limited and Carlsberg Supply Company UK Limited aged 18 or over and resident in the United Kingdom.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. The Promoter may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter is satisfied with the verification.
How can employees enter?
- To enter a Promotion, you must follow the instructions included on the communication sent by Comms advertising the Promotion, whether that be via The News, the intranet, Cheers, email or otherwise (Comms Material). No entry will be considered unless the specified instructions are followed. If entering by SMS, messages will be charged at your standard rate. Please note that the cost of the SMS may not be included in your standard network package.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms and conditions of a Promotion. In the event of a conflict, those instructions take precedence.
- All entries must be received by Comms before the Promotion closes on the closing date as detailed in the Comms Material (Closing Date). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted or not received by the Closing Date for any reason. Where a postal entry and / or entry via social media is offered, proof of sending shall not be deemed to be proof of receipt.
- All entries must comply with the following rules, where applicable:
- they must not contain images of anyone under the age of 18;
- there must be no link or reference to sex or violence; and
- they must not show, imply, condone or encourage: excessive consumption; irresponsible or illegal drinking; or the use of unlawful drugs
- One entry per Promotion per employee will be permitted and entries not complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid.
What is the prize?
- The prizes, including how many are available to win in a Promotion, are as specified in the Comms Material.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Comms Material, any expenses incurred by a winner and any guest(s) in the general use and/or enjoyment of a prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner and any guest(s).
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize of at least equal value if circumstances make this necessary.
- If the prize includes any tickets, any guest(s) using the tickets must be aged 18 or over. Use of the tickets is subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances. If you win the tickets you agree to behave at the event in a responsible manner and, in particular, you agree not to behave in any way that may incite violence or cause offence to others. Please contact a member of Comms for full details of tickets, including any restrictions.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Comms Material, any festival tickets are for the specified day(s) only and do not include camping access.
- Unless otherwise stated in the Comms Material, a prize of a holiday includes pre-booked, economy flights and three star hotel accommodation – please see a member of Comms for full details. A winner and any guest(s) must provide their own travel insurance, supply proof of insurance to Comms upon request and must be legally able to travel to the specified location and obtain all necessary visas and other documentation. Copies of valid passports may also be requested.
- Any further prize details will be confirmed when the winner is contacted.
How is the Winner Selected?
- Unless otherwise stated in the Comms Material, the winner or winners will be the first entry/entries drawn at random from all eligible entries by an independent person after the Closing Date and will be contacted as soon as practically possible (and in any event, within 7 days) using the details provided to enter the Promotion. The names of the winners will be available on request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for three months following the prize draw.
- If a prize is declined, or a winner cannot take up a prize or be contacted within a reasonable time, the prize will be forfeited and a replacement winner may be drawn at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- Each prize is non-transferable and no cash or other alternative will be offered. The Promoter will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- You may be asked to take part in promotional activities and to provide digital photographs of you for use on an internal promotional website or in Carlsberg UK’s marketing material. It is a condition of entry that you agree to such use if you win, to sign any necessary promotional releases relating to your image rights, and to your name and county of residence being made publicly available if you win.
- The Promoter reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the Promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify entries deemed to be non-compliant with these terms and conditions. The Promoter’s decisions as to which entries are eligible to take part in this promotion, and as to any other aspect of the Promotion, are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Entry into a Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and any terms displayed at the point of entry.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- Each Promotion and all issues arising out of it shall be governed in accordance with English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.